Tuesday, May 3, 2016

5 Days After 1st Chemo Treatment

Thank goodness for finishing the side effect meds so I can finally feel more like my normal self again.  After a very busy weekend with family celebrating the boys birthday's as well as my birthday, I crashed Sunday night and got some wonderful much needed sleep.  Monday (yesterday) was the first day off the side effect meds and I felt great.  Those meds make me feel so groggy, lightheaded, and make me write funny.  Definitely felt back to my sharp self yesterday and today so I could get through some pressing actions I had for work.  I also find that off these meds I have more energy at night to play with my kids, catch up on the blog, plan the week, or chill with the hubby.  Almost feels like I've dreamed this whole cancer thing, don't I wish.

Today I did have some pain in my back although I can't tell if that's from sitting my my work chair for 9 hours or if that's the white cell growth enhancer working in my bones.  It felt good to get in some stretching before the boys got home.  I need to make sure I find time for walking, yoga, stretching, or some light exercise in every day.  Now if it'd only stop raining!

Daddy is doing a wonderful job keeping the house in order from pickup/drop off of kids, grocery shopping, cleaning, or checking on the ESPN app.  He's excited to see the new Captain America movie, I'll have to take him out on a date Friday (our off Friday).

No comments:

Post a Comment