Friday, December 9, 2016

7 To Go - The End in Sight?

With work and the holidays the treatments are flying by.  I still enjoy my break in the day to go to treatment and back.  Each day I work on the puzzle in the waiting room with the other patients.  The good news is one of the two ladies I see regularly finished her treatment this week, the other finishes Monday.  We were all wondering now what?  Wait and see?  A lady I met in the look good feel better class just started so I'll have a new buddy working on the puzzle.  Gary is even into it too.  He comes with me on his off Friday's just to work on the puzzle haha.

I've completed 21 treatments and have 7 to go.  Today was the first time I noticed my skin starting to peel and feeling a little sore.  Especially under my arm.  Will be good to get this over with!

I've had two funny experiences so far during radiation.  Once while I'm lying there on the table getting radiation, all of a sudden the fire alarms started going off.  I have this huge machine <1 foot from my face blasting me with radiation, am I supposed to leave?  The nurses were unfazed, they just kept clicking through it, it was just a fire drill.  I thought it was funny they didn't turn the machine off.  Another time I was lying there in radiation and I had to sneeze very badly.  What do I do?  For treatment I have to lie in a specific position and not move.  I held my sneeze for 20 very long seconds.  The nurses told me next time just sneeze straight up.  I think I'll just hold it thank you.

Looks like I've picked up Brady's head cold, hopefully with a little rest this weekend I'll get past this quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment