Sunday, July 10, 2016

The Hot & Cold Of It

One of the new side effects I've experienced with Taxol is hot/cold flashes.  They can occur at anytime and anywhere.  In the middle of the night a hot flash will wake me up and I'm peeling off sheets.  After only a couple minutes I'm freezing and I'm pulling the covers back up.  Sometimes the hot flashes last longer and I'm peeling off layers.  I did not experience this on AC chemo.

Another new side effect I've noticed is I'm losing my eyebrows.  I thought the hair loss was done!  Wonder if they'll ever grow back.  Looks funny too, they're patchy, kinda like a 4 year old tried to draw them on haha.

While these side effects are annoying I'm still feeling much better than on AC chemo.  I meet with the radiation doctors Monday to determine the next phase of the treatment plan.  Can't wait to put this cancer chapter behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment