Wednesday, July 6, 2016

1st Trip on Chemo & 2nd Taxol

My second week on Taxol was very uneventful and we were able to take a trip to camp in Maine for July 4th weekend.  The water was warm and the weather was nice so we were able to do a lot outside. Since I was feeling so well we did a short hike on Cascade Falls (3/4 of the loop, ~1 mile).  I was also able to do some swimming which didn't hurt the port side unlike some yoga I tried earlier in the week.  It was great getting to see the grandparents and a couple of the Uncles for the weekend, and getting to forget about having cancer if only for a few days.  Only a few more months until this chapter is behind me!

Had my second Taxol treatment yesterday, 6 down and 2 to go.  All went well and I had a lot of energy afterward, did not need to nap.  This time I did not experience any of the sleep problems or the joint pain the first night like I had the first treatment.  The mouth sores are starting to return so will have to continue to brush my teeth and use the mouth rinse regularly.  Since my white blood cell count was up I did not have to get the Neulasta shot this time, will continue to monitor this over the remaining treatments.  Overall my energy level is better and starting tomorrow I plan to work in 10-30 min of exercise a day.  I need to combat some of the weight gain from the steroids!  Following chemo I will have surgery to remove the tumor cells and the port, then radiation.  I will be meeting with the radiation doctors soon to start laying out that treatment plan.

Erik and I in front of Bald Mtn - 3 Baldys!

No comments:

Post a Comment