The last couple of days I have been straight exhausted. I want to get up and do things but my body just won't cooperate. Today when I went in for my second round of chemo I learned why - my red blood count (RBC) was half the minimum. You need red blood cells to transport oxygen to your muscles. Additionally my white blood count (WBC) was also half the minimum along with low hemoglobin, so no chemo for me today. When talking with the nurse this is normal for this chemo regiment, and most patients need an adjustment. My doctor is assessing whether we lower the dose, add neulasta (boost WBC production, but with side effects), or go to an every other week chemo schedule.
The good news is that my liver function continues to show improvement. I've been on the nutritional supplements for 2 weeks and through 1 round of chemo. Two of the 5 liver health indicators continue to stay in normal levels, and the other 3 continue to drop back toward normal reducing as much as 45%. As for the pain I still feel the "pulled muscle" feeling in my abdomen time to time, especially at night, and the sharp pain in my should from the liver swelling and pressing on the one nerve but it is manageable.
Yesterday I had the LabCorp test which took 18 viles of blood (another reason to be exhausted). This will measure my cancer growth factors including how my body processes sugars and other enzyme responses. Should have the results in a couple weeks and will make any necessary adjustments to my supplements.
For supplements I am taking 101 pills a day, that's a lot of pills! It's very easy to get off schedule if you take a nap, go out to run errands, or have visitors, but I do my best every day to take as many as I can for the 30 day trial period. I'm half way there!
We're all pulling for you Suzy!! Every day we are thinking of you and wishing you strength and healing!! You are an inspiration to us all. Love, the Kimbles!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kimbles! Nic, I am following your walks, you are amazing! I hope to be there cheering you on :)
ReplyDelete