It has been 1 week since my surgery. Today I saw the nurse and had my drain removed now that I am outputting less than 30 mL/day. We had to drive into MGH Boston but it was worth it to get that pesky drain out. The nurse cut the stitches then had me take a deep breath and exhale as she pulled it out. I didn't feel a thing and couldn't understand why she wanted me to keep breathing until I saw how long the tube was - must have been ~1ft inside my arm! I can definitely feel a difference now that it is out as I have much less discomfort and "bruised" feeling. My range of motion is good, I can raise my arm >90deg which the nurse said is above normal. I'm also able to stop my antibiotics and today was the first time I did not take any Tylenol for pain. Having the drain out also meant I get to drive again just in time for my present to myself - a cobalt blue 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Convertible - and get it registered at the Mass RMV. To celebrate Gary and I drove it to dinner tonight with the top down and enjoyed some of the last great summer weather. We are planning to continue driving it in Sept/Oct before the weather turns. It is a SUPER fun car to drive! Going to need some help naming this car or coming up with a good personalized plate.
I also want to thank my family and friends for all the well wishes and support I have received since surgery - your support gives me the strength to heal, go to doctors appointments, work, and keep my spirits up as I complete this next phase in my treatment plan. A huge THANK YOU! Still waiting on the pathology report to confirm they got it all, should have that by end of this week.
Live Your Dreams Now, Not Tomorrow
No comments:
Post a Comment